Friday, May 3, 2013

Task 3 Reflection


1.   Share the web address url of your groups ScreenR presentation.


PBL "Life Beyond Earth" ScreenR

2.   Reflect on your contributions and how you contributed to making your group a success?

    As I reflect on my contributions to the group, I believe my responsibilities and expectations were fulfilled as an individual member.  We had a group rotation for the weekly current events and it went from Natalie, Vanessa(me), Aaron, Jasmin, and Shyann of whose turn it was to be facilitator for the week.  I believe that whenever it was my turn, I had taken the full responsibility to be facilitator and ended the week by reading through all the other current events to choose one upon completing the current event blog. Every week I had posted up a current event relating to the topic and it was beneficial because I learned about many different types of ed technology tools. I also did my best to ask questions to my group members if I had any concerns with a certain topic or to get feedback on how the outcome of a certain assignment turned out. 
     Other ways I have contributed to my group were by completing the Tasks with the role I was assigned within the week of our PBL assignment on Google Docs.  For that assignment I actually answered one question about the definition of Problem-Based Learning and summarized our group opinion toward Authentic Assessments.  I also suggested what technology-based tools the students for our scenario could use to gather up their presentation.  When our group, the Greenfoots, assigned face-to-face meetings I did my best to attend to make sure I am updated with and contribute information to the group project.  Most times we met at Starbucks but I was willing to open up my house, as a place, for one group face-to-face meeting and it was quite productive.  For all our meetings we were able to work through our assignments more effectively and we also had the chance to build that intimate friendship within each other.  
    The Greenfoots were an interesting group of people to work with, and it made the time worthwhile to learn more about ed technology tools.  We worked well with one another and collaborated through the tasks via email, texting, and forums.  Towards the ending of the course, I observed that some of us were starting to become overwhelmed with all the past work, so I did all I could to full-fill any final tasks there were on behalf of the group, such as doing the recording of our final ScreenR presentation.  In the ScreenR I made sure that I stated the names of my group members as well to show that everyone in the group had a part in contributing to the scenario for our PBL.   

No comments:

Post a Comment